[wdmaudiodev] Re: dwChannelMask

  • From: "carsten schulz (private)" <schulz.carsten@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:26:15 +0100

> There is one things so far which I could not figure out.
> If I have a multi-channel-card (like 5.1 or so) Should
> it be possible to stream to only specific channels?
> If I want to stream to channels 1 and 4 (leaving out
> 2 and 3), could I just set nChannels=2 and dwChannelMask=9?
>
> Or to use only a mono-channel streamed on the right
> channel of a stereo-capable soundcard, could I set
> nChannels=1 and dwChannelMask=2?

there is a white paper in the files section of www.wdmaudiodev.de. it
compares some testing results with what is described in the microsoft
documentation. besides it covers some KMixer issues under win2k, which
(hopefully) has been addressed under winxp meanwhile. unfortunately i
haven't got the time to do any further investigations on this topic in
the past. however, this paper should still be useful for your purposes.

best regards,
carsten