[wdmaudiodev] Re: driver training course for audio?

  • From: "Daniel E. Germann" <deg@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:23:09 -0600

Well, there's no course I know of, but there are some reference materials available.

The "Audio" page at Windows Hardware and Driver Central is a good place to start.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/audio/default.mspx

There was also a 3-part series on Developing WDM Audio Drivers at WinHEC (in 2001, I think). You might have to scrounge around to find downloadable copies of the .PPT files. I think they might be included in the DDK Suite (but don't quote me on that).
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/ddk/suite/default.mspx

And, of course, the DDK/WDK provides reference material (in the DDK/WDK help file) and sample drivers (in the src\wdm\audio directory, I believe).
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/ddk/default.mspx

This group is a very good resource, too. If you run into a problem, post something here. There are lots of helpful people here who've been through it -- including several members of Microsoft's audio team.

Good luck!

-Dan
--
Dan Germann