[wdmaudiodev] capturing wave record audio

  • From: David Rowe <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 08:27:56 +0930

Hi,

I have a USB audio telephony device that is used by a third party
application.  The application samples audio from the USB device via the
Wave interface, for example to record wave audio from a phone line.

The USB telephony device uses the standard usb audio drivers.

While the application is using the record audio, I wish to monitor and
process the record audio stream, for example detect DTMF digits.  I
cannot modify the application as I dont have access to the source, and
do not wish to patch or modify it.

Is there any way I can sample the recorded audio stream as it passes
thru the system to the third paty application?  Would a hi-level (user
mode) filter driver be the best way to implement this?

Thank in advance,

David