[wdmaudiodev] Re: buffering samples in an APO

  • From: Abhinav Singh <abhinav4ever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 00:11:18 +0530

I totally forgot to implement GetLatency(..)..will add it to the APO.
However, my problem is slightly different. I have tried to explain it clearer
with an example below:I am maintaining my own internal input and output
buffer(separate from the FLOAT32 buffer point passed to the APOProcess(..)
function.At 44.1 kHz, I will get 448 samples per call to APOProcess(). However,
since my DSP algorithm only works with say exactly 768 samples, i will
internally buffer the input received from APOProcess(...) until i have enough
samples to process. I am also maintaining an internal output buffer where i
will store the processed audio samples.I process audio samples when the samples
count in my internal buffer exceeds 767 and store the processed audio stream in
my internal output buffer.If i have enough samples in my internal output
buffer(>=448),i will copy to APOProcess(..)'s output buffer otherwise i just
set the first 448 samples in the APOProcess(..)'s output buffer with zero.So
the very first call to APOProces(...), i will just buffer the input and send
zeros as the output. However during the second call to APOProcess(..) i will
have enough data to process and also send valid output(not zeros).Now, at the
very end , my own internal input and output buffer might have some samples
leftover and i was wondering if there are any workaround around this buffering
problem without changing the DSP algorithm.

From: soccerl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [wdmaudiodev] Re: buffering samples in an APO
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 00:13:35 +0000

Is this a 100% repro?  Which OS version is it?

An APO has no idea on when the stream will end. If an audio application stops
its streaming before the end of stream, I am not sure whether APO could do
anything
 with this situation.