[wdmaudiodev] Re: buffering samples in an APO

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 18:23:14 +0000

Make sure you implement IAudioProcessingObject::GetLatency(...), and report the
delay between your input and output.

If an app cares about its sound playing all the way through to the very last
byte, the design is for the IAudioClient to pad silence onto the end of the
stream, and keep pumping silence until IAudioClock indicates that the very last
byte has made it all the way through the speaker.