[wdmaudiodev] beginner's question

  • From: George Yohng <george@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WDM Audio <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:37:08 +0200

Dear gurus,

Please, point me to some good resources on writing virtual audio drivers.

I need to write WDM driver that connects the other driver stream, does processing, and to the user - appears as an input audio device.

I've been reading some MSDN (so far, it's the WORST reference I know - showing charts and diagrams, and doesn't tell how to write) and doing some sample code, but I didn't go far, as I don't understand the class structures.

Plus, Microsoft's style of writing DDK in "C++" is somewhat awful (they could have created their own language instead).

Please, tell me is there a reason in writing it in WDM. I'm almost desperate, and probably going to write legacy WinMM audio driver (DriverProc/wodMessage/widMessage).

Thanks,
George.