[wdmaudiodev] Re: audio driver questions

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 21:32:57 +0000

>Was just curious if there was a general mechanism that allowed virtual audio
>devices to be implemented in userland rather than as kernel devices.  Sounds
>like you're saying "no".

That's correct, although on this mailing list there seems to be a bit of a
groundswell of desire for such a feature. For those of you watching, now is the
time to start lobbying your Microsoft contacts with clear specific feedback on
problematic scenarios and feature requests. Hopefully some have noticed that we
recently finished one OS so it's time to influence the next. This mailing list
did influence Windows 7!

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft Corporation