[wdmaudiodev] Re: audio device not showing up (except when manually loaded)

  • From: Tim Newsham <tim.newsham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 07:17:47 -1000

This is with two separate drivers loaded from two separate .inf files.  Each
has their own dispatch table so there is no need for me to manually handle
dispatch.  One .inf file describes the bus driver which I load manually with
devcon (its now using a custom class, thank you for the tips), and the other
describes a msvad-like virtual audio device which is dynamically attached to
the bus driver during operation of the master device (which is the bus
driver itself).  The PNP subsystem sees the new device and interactively
asks for a device driver.  I point it to the inf file and it loads and I see
my audio device initialize.  However, when I go into windows media player
and try to switch speaker devices, it doesn't create a new stream like it
does when I manually load the virtual audio device separately from the bus
device (for testing purposes).