[wdmaudiodev] audio device not showing up (except when manually loaded)

  • From: Tim Newsham <tim.newsham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:47:03 -1000

This one has me baffled.  I have an audio driver loosely based on msvad.  If
I load it from devcon manually I can select it as a "speaker" in windows
media player.  Recently I wrote a bus driver to control its loading and
unloading and it is loading the driver.  However after loading, it doesnt
show up in the speaker selection in windows media player.  The device
properties in dev manager look almost identical to the manual-load.  Devnode
Flags says it is loaded and started.  The biggest difference I notice is
that Power State Mappings has s1 through s5 mapped to unspecified rather
than to D3 (I think).
Any idea what I could be doing wrong here?

-TimN