[wdmaudiodev] Re: about FIFO implementation in MSVAD

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 10:23:12 -0700

karthiksharmasg@xxxxxxx wrote:

>            I am trying to implement FIFO in the MSVAD,

Why?  What do you hope to accomplish?

> but i got struct with some unknown problems.So can some one help me on
> 1.  Is the FIFO implementation in MSVAD is same as in normal C++ or is
> there any changes are present?

What does that mean?  There is no "FIFO implementation" in normal C++.

> 2. While allocating memory to FIFO which function call should i use?

Surely 30 seconds of looking through the source code would have answered
this question.  The root kernel APIs are ExAllocatePoolWithTag and
ExFreePoolWithTag, but you'll see that MSVAD includes overrides of
operator new and delete so you can use a familiar paradigm.