[wdmaudiodev] Yet another attempt at Virtual Midi

  • From: "Dan Shechter" <dans@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 13:49:26 +0300

Hi all,
I've searched and searched the entire web for samples or information
regarding how to develop a WORKING Virtual MIDI device for windows.

I really hope someone here can give me substantial help.

I'm acquainted with writing drivers in Linux and Windows, and this will
definitely not be my first driver...
However, I am NOT FAMILIAR at all with WDM audio at anyway.

I want to develop a Virtual MIDI device which I will be able to package
together with my application(s) in Windows.

I know that there are freeware variants of sorts, but I'm looking for
something that I will be able package into an installer with my app.

I would also very much like to be able to support x64 platforms as well as
32 bit ones.

I've read various posts in this mailing list prompting the reader to
"compile DMUSuart + adapter.cpp from mpu401", While this doesn't sound all
foreign to me (I do understand that these are samples that are provided with
the DDK) I still don't understand what would that accomplish alone..

I would be very happy if anyone whose ever done that successfully... (I've
seen Evert van der Poll mentioned here often) to come forward and give me an
overview of what need to happen for this to become a reality...

TIA,
   Dan Shechter.

--

   Shechter.