[wdmaudiodev] Re: Writing to PCI configuration space???

  • From: "ANOOP.G" <anoopg@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:28:19 +0530

I have seen a smilar behaviour.

When the device is loaded (In my case a COM device) and when it is not used
by any apps, the OS sends it to power down mode IRP_MN_SET_POWER D3 and then
Bus Master Enable bit will be disabled by the PCI bus driver.

If u open the driver with any of ur application (say hyperterminal), PCI bus
driver will re-enable the bit, and ur IRP_MN_SET_POWER D0 will be called.

This is in accordance with PCI power management specifications.

May be something similar may be happening in your case. Or your device may
not be bus master capable ?

regards,
Anoop

NeST