[wdmaudiodev] Re: Windows 10 suppor for Stream Class drivers

  • From: "Vincent Burel \(VB-Audio\)" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:15:53 +0200

Hello,

I don’t think there is change in audio interface on WIN10, our primary test
with MME, KS or WASAPI are basically ok….

And it’s even possible that the famous bug on WASAPI input in exclusive mode
could be fixed… we are still checking.

But other bug could have been created (we already got different strange
bugs… e.g. an USB output point stopped working several time in our long
duration test – 96h – obliging us to re-plug the USB device – restarting
computer did not fix it – we are investigating this problem).

The fact is this WIN 10 update can rename audio point with generic name (and
also change default device, and possibly the enumeration order) can disturb
all audio configurations for all programs and user can get the feeling that
nothing work anymore… but re-checking the entire audio configuration seems
to fix the problem in most cases.

The WIN10 audio point renaming can disturb especially the KS interface
because the higher risk to have redundant name for audio point, then
selecting KS device can become a problem for some applications…

Also, it’s possible to have a difference of behavior between a WIN10 update
(where all driver are already installed) and a fresh WIN10 installation …
will see…

But it’s sure that Microsoft forgot to make a validation process there…

Regards

Vincent Burel

www.vb-audio.com