[wdmaudiodev] Windows 10 suppor for Stream Class drivers

  • From: Mike Horgan <mhorgan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 18:18:58 +0000

Can anyone tell me whether or not Windows 10 will support stream class drivers?
I have a number of audio interfaces whose driver is a stream class minidriver
which has worked fine through Windows 8.1.

With Windows 10 these devices all have numerous WDM issues (ASIO is fine).
Direct Sound and MME doesn't seem to work at all, while for the most part KS
audio functions. Trying to play system sounds doesn't work at all, or in the
case of one device only seems to work at 16 bits.

Newer device with AVStream drivers seem to operate fine. Is there any word on
what the expectation might be for stream class, or whether support for it has
been dropped?

Mike Horgan
Engineering
Line 6
O: 818.575.3670

Check out AMPLIFi -

The first and only 5-speaker guitar amp with Bluetooth(r) music streaming and
iOS wireless control, connected directly to the world's largest community of
guitarists and tones via the cloud.

line6.com/amplifi<www.line6.com/amplifi>