[wdmaudiodev] Re: WinUSB+usbaudio

  • From: DJ Sisolak <dsisolak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:27:07 -0800

If your interface is vendor defined then you should be able to load whatever
driver you want on that and it should work just fine with the USB class drivers
for HID and audio.

DJ

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:54:27 +0100

From: Danijel Spasojevic
<danijel.spasojevic@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:danijel.spasojevic@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with WinUSB driver?

We are considering to use it for FW upgrade purposes for our USB audio

device (audio control+audio streaming+HID) but we are not sure if there

is a way to load this driver together with the inbox usbaudio and HID

drivers. We used a filter driver in the past but WinUSB seems much more

convenient. The available information on WinUSB are very limited.

Thanks in advance.

Danijel

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:37:50 -0800

From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:timr@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [wdmaudiodev] Re: WinUSB+usbaudio

Danijel Spasojevic wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with WinUSB driver?

We are considering to use it for FW upgrade purposes for our USB audio

device (audio control+audio streaming+HID) but we are not sure if

there is a way to load this driver together with the inbox usbaudio

and HID drivers. We used a filter driver in the past but WinUSB seems

much more convenient. The available information on WinUSB are very

limited.

To use WinUSB as a driver, WinUSB must be "THE" driver for the

interface.  So, if you need usbaudio and/or HID on the interface, you

can't use WinUSB at the same time.