[wdmaudiodev] WinUSB+usbaudio

  • From: Danijel Spasojevic <danijel.spasojevic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:26:51 +0100

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply.
When you say interface you mean USB interface, right?
We already have Audio Control, 2xAudio Streaming and a HID interface in our composite device.
If we add an additional interface which would use EP0 for Vendor specific requests would we be able to load the WinUSB driver and have the inbox drivers for audio and HID at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Danijel

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:54:27 +0100
From: Danijel Spasojevic <danijel.spasojevic@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wdmaudiodev] WinUSB+usbaudio

Hi,
Does anyone have any experience with WinUSB driver?
We are considering to use it for FW upgrade purposes for our USB audio
device (audio control+audio streaming+HID) but we are not sure if there
is a way to load this driver together with the inbox usbaudio and HID
drivers. We used a filter driver in the past but WinUSB seems much more
convenient. The available information on WinUSB are very limited.

Thanks in advance.

Danijel

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:37:50 -0800
From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wdmaudiodev] Re: WinUSB+usbaudio

Danijel Spasojevic wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with WinUSB driver?
We are considering to use it for FW upgrade purposes for our USB audio
device (audio control+audio streaming+HID) but we are not sure if
there is a way to load this driver together with the inbox usbaudio
and HID drivers. We used a filter driver in the past but WinUSB seems
much more convenient. The available information on WinUSB are very
limited.

To use WinUSB as a driver, WinUSB must be "THE" driver for the
interface.  So, if you need usbaudio and/or HID on the interface, you
can't use WinUSB at the same time.

****************** WDMAUDIODEV addresses: Post message: mailto:wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe Unsubscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe Moderator: mailto:wdmaudiodev-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx URL to WDMAUDIODEV page: http://www.wdmaudiodev.com/