[wdmaudiodev] Re: Win7 mixer

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <mateer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 17:44:32 +0000

If you're developing a chat application you should consider using the "default
communication" devices for both render and playback.  The act of starting a
stream should automatically attenuate all the other applications (on Windows 7)
for you.

For an example, see the DuckingCaptureSample sample in the SDK.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd940392%28VS.85%29.aspx

There's no way to programmatically turn the "Listen" feature on or off.