[wdmaudiodev] Re: Why would you want USB Audio 2.0 in Windows?

  • From: "James Wihardja" <James.Wihardja@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:55:46 -0800

Hi Frank,

This is James from Conexant.   We are actually in the process of designing a
High-Speed USB Audio device.  I just saw this thread by chance so I'm a little
late to the game here.   I noticed you mentioned USB 2.0, but the list took
this discussion into "High Speed" vs "Full Speed".

When you say add USB Audio 2.0 support in Windows - is this adding support for
the extended feature set in the USB Spec?   or does this also include
supporting devices that are "High Speed" vs "Full Speed"?

In any case, our device will certainly be running high-speed, and may also
include additional controls available/described in the USB 2.0 spec that aren't
in the USB1.0 spec

Thanks,
James