[wdmaudiodev] Which audio driver model?

  • From: Matthias Moetje <moetje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 21:14:22 +0200

Hello all,

I am new to this list and joined because I need some advice on creating an
audio driver.

I realized, that there are quite a few models available to develop an audio
driver (wdm, AVStream, PortCls, StreamClass) and I have no idea which will be
the right one.

Let me give you some more information: We have developed a TAPI service
provider for the SIP protocol (VoIP). A TAPI service provider (TSP) is a kind
of middleware and there are two ways a TSP can provide access to the audio
streams to the consuming application: Either an MSP (Media Service Provider,
requires TAPI3) or an audio driver (used with TAPI2).
We already have implemented the MSP. Actually it's building a DirectShow
filtergraph (consisting of RTP sink/source filter, codec filters) and provides
an endpoint pin to the application.

Now we want to develop an audio driver. Ideally this audio driver would use the
existing MSP to instantiate the filtergraph and model the endpoint pin as wave
device.

So, the question is: Which would be the best suited audio driver model to
accomplish this task?

Best regards,

Matthias Moetje
[cid:image001.gif@01C91CF6.C4932540]