[wdmaudiodev] Re: Which VMware Workstation version can smoothly run Win10?

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Matthew van Eerde <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 10:18:47 +0600

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for help.

http://muzychenko.net/tmp/glitches1.7z

Since Win10 runs smoothly in VirtualBox, I'm afraid Win10 kernel uses
hardware timers differently than Win7/8/8.1 and WS 8 (and possibly WS
10 and WS 12) does not support such timers properly.

BTW, 10586 correctly processes number of channel changes. Audio
subsystem subscribes to KSEVENT_PINCAPS_FORMATCHANGE and reacts on
such events.

Regards,
Eugene

Can you grab glitch traces and send them to me offlline?
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/matthew_van_eerde/archive/2015/08/11/taking-audio-glitch-traces-on-windows-10-desktop-edition.aspx