[wdmaudiodev] Re: WaveRT question

  • From: Matt Gonzalez <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:25:31 -0700

I believe that the write position is where you want the application to write and is therefore set by the driver.

Jeff Pages wrote:
In the WaveRT documentation (January 10, 2006 - is there anything more recent?) for IMiniportWaveRTStream::GetPosition, it says, "For a rendering stream, the method writes the write position and play position into this structure." The play position is fine, but how is the driver supposed to determine the write position? Isn't that set by the application?

I'm asking this because, in my driver, I'm not setting the write position (not knowing what to set it to) but the WLK 1.0c KS Position test (Looped Streaming\Rendering Performance Tests\Position Progression (looped streaming)) is failing, saying, "The Play cursor (80) is ahead of the Write cursor (0)".

Jeff

****************** WDMAUDIODEV addresses: Post message: mailto:wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe Unsubscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe Moderator: mailto:wdmaudiodev-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx URL to WDMAUDIODEV page: http://www.wdmaudiodev.com/