[wdmaudiodev] Re: WaveCyclic input ports show up as "currently unavailable" under Vista RC2

  • From: Mitchell Rundle <mitchr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:23:28 -0800

a) This sounds like it's working correctly once you set something to be the
default.  The endpoint that "owns the mux" -- which should be the one that set
to be the default -- should say "working" and the other muxed inputs should all
say "unavailable".  The remaining problem is then to figure out why all capture
endpoints say "not available" out of the box.

b & c) Are you fully logging off of the admin account before testing limited
user accounts or are you "fast user switching"?  Are there any startup
utilities on the limited user account that aren't on the admin account, either
under programs->startup or in the registry under
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"?

d) If the AC3 endpoint doesn't also support PCM, then yes, it is by design that
you can't make it the default.

Regards,
Mitch Rundle