[wdmaudiodev] WaveCyclic + DualCore, glitching, is there something I should know?

  • From: tekHedd <tekhedd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:46:28 -0700

Hi guys. Been a long time since I've touched these drivers, but I'm
noticing that my drivers are simply hosed on dual (and presumably
multi-) core systems. My system is (currently) a dual-core AMD64 running
XP Pro SP2 with all the latest patches.

The driver is a very simple WaveCyclic adaptor that doesn't do anything
tricky at all. No, really, I mean nothing, I just expose the buffers in
their native format and call it good enough.

I was under the impression that my old friend PortClass hid threading
issues from the driver, and interrupt handling hasn't really changed
that much (has it)?

Is there something obvious that I've overlooked? I can't seem to find
any relevant discussion in my local archives, but then everyone seems to
be fighting with Vista these days. (That's that new version, right? ;)

Any feedback/flames appreciated.

tom
--
Tom Surace                )                 ,~~v~~,
tekhedd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx    )                ,`.   .`,