[wdmaudiodev] Re: Wave Devices using AVStream driver

  • From: "Sam Tertzakian" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:22:23 -0700

Hi, Matt,

I finally got a chance to revisit this issue.and unfortunately, I am still
not able to solve it.

I added KSCATEGORY_AUDIO to my categories list.

I made the appropriate changes to the INF file.

When I go to KSStudio, I see my device listed under AUDIO, CAPTURE and
RENDER.

But, when I go to GraphEdit, my device is only listed under "WDM Streaming
Devices", but not "Audio Capture" or "Audio Render" list.

I have checked and rechecked everything and I don't see anything wrong.
Everything in the INF is as it should be compared to all the other INFs in
my system and sample drivers.

I would like to avoid having to do everything dynamically like the code
Waldemar provided since it is supposed to work.

The only difference I see between my code and Waldemar is that he defines a
topology, whereas I allow the KS to define my topology for me since I use
NULL in the filter descriptor for the Topology entry.

Do you define a Topology and nodes, etc in your driver?

Or, can you think of anything else I need to do. Everything looks right in
KsStudio.

Thank you in advance for your time.

  _____