[wdmaudiodev] Re: Wave Devices using AVStream driver

  • From: Sam Tertzakian <saekisam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:33:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Matt,
The only difference that I see is that devices that
appear have a properly formed topology...and my driver
does not. That must be the difference. My next step is
to add a properly formed topology and see what
happens. This is not a top priority so, I'll have to
try that later.
Thank you for your response.

--- Matt Gonzalez <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------------------------------
    Hello Sam-

Sorry for not responding earlier.

I think what mainly offer you at this point is my
sympathy.  : )

You don't have to add the filter factories dynamically
- you can use astatic descriptor; that's what I had at
first and it worked.

The only thing I can suggest at this point is to
compare your device'sfilters with another device that
does show up in the audio devicelist.  I don't think
it matters if it uses AVStream or not - KS proxywill
only use your device if all the pins and nodes and so
forth arejust so.  I would go over your filters
minutely and look for anydiscrepancies.

Good luck - getting your device to show up properly is
no fun.

Matt

Sam Tertzakian wrote:    v\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui)
}
Hi, Matt,

I finallygot a chance to revisit thisissue?and
unfortunately, I am still not able to solve it.

I addedKSCATEGORY_AUDIO to my categorieslist.

I made theappropriate changes to the INFfile.

When I go toKSStudio, I see my devicelisted under
AUDIO, CAPTURE and RENDER.

But, when Igo to GraphEdit, my device isonly listed
under ?WDM Streaming Devices?, but not ?AudioCapture?
or ?Audio Render? list.

I havechecked and rechecked everythingand I don?t see
anything wrong. Everything in the INF is as it
shouldbecompared to all the other INFs in my system
and sample drivers.

I would liketo avoid having to doeverything
dynamically like the code Waldemar provided since it
issupposed towork.

The onlydifference I see between my codeand Waldemar
is that he defines a topology, whereas I allow the KS
todefine mytopology for me since I use NULL in the
filter descriptor for theTopologyentry.

Do youdefine a Topology and nodes, etc inyour driver?

Or, can youthink of anything else I needto do.
Everything looks right in KsStudio.

Thank you inadvance for your time?