[wdmaudiodev] Re: Wave Device Id to KsPropertySet

  • From: "Daniel E. Germann" <deg@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 10:03:01 -0600

Sam,

Take a look at DRV_QUERYDEVICEINTERFACE[SIZE]. These messages allow you to get the device interface for a particular multimedia device. Given that, you can open the device and use DeviceIoControl to issue your property requests.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/Audio_d/hh/Audio_d/pcdesign_008b0368-ccba-42e6-be0f-29b9c8a95fdd.xml.asp

FYI, make sure you send this message to a device ID, *not* to a device handle (as in waveOutMessage((HWAVEOUT) nId, ...)).

-Dan