[wdmaudiodev] Re: WHQL for virtual audio driver

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 09:40:28 -0800

Matthew van Eerde wrote:

OK, so this is an audio recording scenario.

You know, this is one of the more frequently requested scenarios in the
audio driver world. Has the Microsoft audio team given any thought to
releasing a simple skeleton virtual audio driver sample with a pipe to
user mode? For years we've had MSVAD, but that's a 20,000-line behemoth
demonstrating a thousand esoteric features that aren't germane to the
simple non-hardware case. And it was never obvious to the casual
observer that CopyFrom and CopyTo were the magic locations for tapping
the audio streams. Now, we have SysVad, which is even more complicated,
and so far I haven't found where the magic tap locations are.

That is - what is an “AP?”

That, in some parts of the world, is the accepted abbreviation for
"application".