[wdmaudiodev] Re: WHQL for virtual audio driver

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 09:54:45 -0800

Arthur Chung (RDCT) wrote:

My virtual mic could only be fed by my application using some
proprietary methods.
I could do the tests myself by following your instructions, but how
could Microsoft do the same to verify it?
Should I also submit my application to WHQL too?

Microsoft does not run any tests on your driver. All they do is check
over the test results that you send in.

Or how could I tell the test server that my device is unclassified, no
need to do all audio tests?

Microsoft signature only suffices my need, no logo is required.

The rules say that, if your device could fit into one of the categories,
then you must submit in that category, and not go unclassified. I don't
know if that is enforced.