[wdmaudiodev] Re: WHQL for virtual audio driver

  • From: "Arthur Chung (RDCT)" <arthur_chung@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 01:58:02 +0000

Sorry for not making myself clear.
AP means user mode application as Tim said.

I've already made the audio pipeline working w/ the help of MSVAD and SYSVAD
samples.
My actual question is whether it could pass WHQL tests or not (for some tests
require physical connections).

The reason is I need to get Microsoft signature for silence installation
required by the user.
If I signed the driver myself, there will be a dialog asking something like "if
you trust the publisher..." (with a check box for "always trust").

________________________________
從: wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] 代表
Matthew van Eerde [Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
寄件日期: 2015年11月4日 上午 01:52
至: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
主旨: [wdmaudiodev] Re: WHQL for virtual audio driver

I wasn’t sure whether Arthur meant “application”, “audio precision” (as a
colleague of mine suggested), or “access point” (e.g., perhaps the driver
functions as a Miracast receiver.) I’m still not sure, but like you I am
leaning toward “application”.

Arthur, can you confirm?

Tim, when you say a “pipe to user mode”, do you have in mind:

1. an audio playback endpoint that can be used by a dumb app (like
Virtual Audio Cable does it), or

2. a custom interface which the driver would expose to “in the know”
user-mode code?

The closest thing to audio routing that Windows supports today is the WASAPI
audio loopback interface. In principle a driver could be packaged with a
user-mode service which includes a WASAPI loopback client; this could deliver
the audio back to the driver via a custom mechanism, and the driver could do
whatever it liked with it (e.g., deliver it up on a recording endpoint.)