[wdmaudiodev] Re: WDM audio driver for 32 bit floating point device.

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 16:55:53 -0700

Jeff Pages wrote:

Back in 2007, I tried to do the same thing but Vista didn’t like it.
When I queried it here, Mitch Rundle said, “I agree that would be a
sensible optimization. Unfortunately some of the Vista audio
components require that the device supports integer PCM (or
AC3_SPDIF).” Has this changed since then?

As the author of several APOs, I can tell you that the vast majority of
the systems I see use float 32 as their native format.