[wdmaudiodev] WAVE entries in Drivers32 registry key

  • From: "Tom Eckert" <teckert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wdmaudiodev@Freelists. Org" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:09:53 -0400

Every time our WDM driver is installed another WAVE entry is made in the
Drivers32 key under WAVE or WAVEn (n=1to9) until they are all set to
WDMAUD.DRV.

This isn't a problem for WDM drivers but prevents the installation of a
driver that has its own user mode DLL componant.

Does this happen with other drivers or are we missing something in the INF
that's keeping the OS from cleaning up these entries?

The system seems to run OK if I remove all the WDMAUD.DRV entries save one.
So that's what we're instructing customers to do if they run into this
issue.

If anyone has a better approach or can see a problem with removing the
duplicate WAVE entries please reply.

It occurs on Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

Thanks,
Tom

Thomas Eckert
Sr. Software Engineer