[wdmaudiodev] Re: Vista64 Driver Signing...

  • From: "Tobias Erichsen" <t.erichsen@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:06:06 +0200

Hi Tim,

thanks for the feedback.  I don't know what the issues are in
other countries, but in Germany everyone has a personal
identification-card (Personalausweis) which is issued by
the Government through the local registration office.  And
there are some id-services ("PostIdent" for example) which
use exactly this id, it should be no problem to use this
as base for granting a certificate.

I think it is pretty contra-productive to rule out all independent
consultants as being able to release Vista64 (and above) drivers.

Not every freelancer is incorporated and though I think the
idea of code-signing in general is a good idea, this implementation
by MS is kind of flawed...

Best regards,
Tobias
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!*