[wdmaudiodev] Re: Vista audio documentation

  • From: Hakon Strande <hakons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:11:42 -0800

The WDK is constantly being updated with Windows Vista relevant
documentation. We have only one doc writer and literally hundreds of
documentation work items for him to write about. The highest priority
topics (those with most requests) are typically documented first. We are
currently working on improving the System Effect infrastructure
documentation.

WaveRT miniports are in use on 95% of all Windows Vista Logo compliant
systems and it is a Premium Tier Logo requirement to make use of that
driver model when the hardware design permits - such as with HD Audio
based audio devices.

The WaveRT documentation in the white-paper you link to below is
current. The AC-97 WaveRT sample in the WDK may not have all the
functionality outlined in the documentation implemented.

Sincerely,

Hakon Strande <mailto:HakonS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  | Windows Sound Team PM |
(p) 425.705.0637