[wdmaudiodev] Vista Audio Mixer / DeviceTopology API - How to enumerate the IPart?

  • From: "Yann Hamiaux" <yhamiaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:29:48 -0500

Hello,

I try to get access to differents IPart objects using the DeviceTopology API to
control volume, mute, recording mux, ... In fact, the application is a control
panel that allow the user to adjust the hardware volume on his sound card. From
what I have read, I am dealing with the right API which show up the various
controls in Windows Vista.

To obtain the list of IPart, it's seem that I need first a IPart! So, after
obtaining the IDeviceTopology from a AudioEndpointDevice.. I got the only
connector available (no subunit available - and the GetEndpoint cannot be found
in the .h file, maybe it was not available yet on the july SDK or should be
remove from the documentation). And I did a QueryInterface from the connector
to get the IPart.

Then I try to get a part list using EnumPartsIncoming and EnumPartsOutgoing but
for each of the call I got an error code 0x80070490 (Element not found).

If you do have some experience with the DeviceTopology API, please let me
know!? Or if there is an application like mixapp.exe was, maybe that could help
me to know a bit more how to obtain these various interfaces and their
relation-ship.

regards,
Yann