[wdmaudiodev] Virtual audio driver

  • From: <raza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:14:02 +0200

Hi,
I want to reocord/spy all the outgoing system sound to a file,in order
to implement such a spy i have learned that i need to write a virtual
audio driver that inserts itself into stack of audio drivers and just
pass the data it receives to lower driver along with writing it to file.
Where will this virtual driver be inserted in the stack ? There are
class/mini class drivers , port/miniport driver. Where to fit my filter
in this stack and how ? Is there any sample i can look at ?
There is MSVAD in XPDDK but its implementing a miniport driver serving
as an example for driver writer to write audio drivers but not an
example of a filter driver that gets inserted in the stack.
any help would be highly appreciated.
Regards
Raza