[wdmaudiodev] Re: Virtual Audio Driver development based on AVStream model.

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 14:25:57 +0100

Anton Shpakovsky skrev 2010-12-09 13:47:
Hello,

I'm developing a virtual microphone that should do a simple task - play a PCM
file provided by a client application.
I've looked through large amount of articles/forums - the information is pretty
similar everywhere.
According to WDK I've known that there are three models of audio drivers:
PortCls(msvad), Avstream(avssamp & avshws) and Stream Class (deprecated).

I'd go with MSVAD. However, you could simply achieve the same thing with an
application playing to a device that just copies
its data from render pin to capture pin, as Virtual Audio Cable does. Then you
won't have to write a driver at all :)

/Rob