[wdmaudiodev] Virtual Audio Driver development based on AVStream model.

  • From: Anton Shpakovsky <anton.shpakovsky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 18:47:22 +0600

Hello,

I'm developing a virtual microphone that should do a simple task - play a
PCM file provided by a client application.
I've looked through large amount of articles/forums - the information is
pretty similar everywhere.
According to WDK I've known that there are three models of audio drivers:
PortCls(msvad), Avstream(avssamp & avshws) and Stream Class (deprecated).

I've started looking at avssamp as a base for development, but I cannot find
out how to register it as Audio Capture Device.
I have read about conflict with sysaudio and about volume node here -
http://software.itags.org/software-application/26456/ (replied by Rich)
But following these recommendations gives me no success.

I've tried adding *AddInterface* in *.inf file, implementing topology with
volume node - no success.

Please, help! Any clues would be regardful.

p.s. Sorry for my English (i'm not native speaker)
Best Regards,
Anton