[wdmaudiodev] Re: VISTA/WIN7 audio endpoint for individual users

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 19:11:53 +0000

If you own or influence development of the audio drivers and this is not a
server (i.e. it is single user) then the audio drivers could expose a private
interface to some custom control application that runs for each user. The
control application would call on the drivers to enable or disable relevant
device interfaces based on the currently logged on user.

I also have my usual curiosity: what is this for?

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft