[wdmaudiodev] Using the VS debugger to debug KS Proxy code

  • From: "Chris Walton" <chris.r.walton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 02:21:00 +0100

Hi,

From what I've read, it seems that the standard VS debugger can't be
used to debug kernel-mode code. Does this include user-mode code that
interfaces with KS? (such as the DirectKS stuff, which I'm using)

I have a problem where a variable in a callback is mysteriously set to
0, _unless_ I step manually, at which point the variable is set to the
correct value and the code continues to run correctly with that value.
If I don't step (let it run), the code executes correctly on the path
it takes when that variable is 0. I've used data breakpoints in VS to
try to see if I've got some heap corruption going on, but there's none
of that.

Is my problem related?

Thanks in advance,
-- Chris