[wdmaudiodev] Using compatible IDs in INF

  • From: "Rimola, Dominic J" <dominic.j.rimola@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:42:17 -0800

I have a question regarding the use of compatible IDs.  Currently when
installing our driver on Vista there is a warning message stating
"Installing this device driver is not recommended because windows cannot
verify that it is compatible with your hardware..."

Is this expected behavior when only using only the Vender ID and Device
ID (i.e. HDAUDIO\FUNC_XX&VEN_YYYY&DEV_ZZZZ) for the supported codec in
the INF?

Should I be concerned that future versions of PnP device-identifications
schemes for HD Audio may not work with this implementation?

Thanks,
Dominic