[wdmaudiodev] Re: Usb Audio Driver

  • From: "Jerry Evans" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:02:00 +0100

Nearly forgot. There really should be some way to monitor stream continuity.
A simple notion would be to have the USB frame number as the first DWORD in
any packet read (?) ... there may well other/better ways of doing this.
Ditto something analogous on the connection from host to USB device. There
needs to be a better way to monitor audio performance particularly as
latencies are reduced and glitching more likely. The current scheme
(KSAUDIO_POSITION) seems well broken.

Thanks

Jerry