[wdmaudiodev] Re: Update for Capture Problem on WavePCI

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:06:56 +1000

I don't use IPreFetchOffset.

I just tried setting the sampling rate to 6kHz (which my card doesn't
support in hardware) and the last buffer came back zero on XP, so it looks
like you're right about it happening when the SRC gets hooked in.

I also tried the same thing on both the inbuilt soundport on the motherboard
and a Soundblaster PCI card. The soundport returned 0 bytes in the last
buffer, but the Soundblaster returned it partially filled. I presume the
soundport uses WavePCI and the Soundblaster uses WaveCyclic.

What version of CoolEdit are you running? I'm using CoolEdit 2000 version
1.1 Build 2418.

The NT4 DDK provides a bit more information on the "correct" response to
wave input and output state changes. For WAVE_DD_RESET (which is equivalent
to KSSTATE_STOP) it says "cancels all input or output and sets the position
to zero, but may complete outstanding read/write requests for the wave
input/output devices". Looks like whether the last buffer gets anything in
it or not was left optional.

Jeff