[wdmaudiodev] Re: Update for Capture Problem on WavePCI

  • From: "Martin Garcia" <doraemonx7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 04:23:31 +0000

Hi, Jeff,

I am using CoolEdit Pro Special Edition 1.1. I don't know the build number.

I tried another driver I wrote a while back that also uses WavePCI . It uses
a totally different hardware architecture than the current card I work with.
But, that driver has the same problem!  In that case, that driver also
passes WHQL, but this behaviour was not tested.

It is very unlikely, but possible, that I have same bug in both drivers. I
say unlikely because that code is substantially more complicated (and
different) due to the architecture of the card. In that case, I am allowing
the unused (and partially used) descriptors to be revoked.

I am certain that WaveCyclic does not exhibit this behaviour. I knew about
this problem when I went to WinHEC, but I thought it was just a bug I needed
to fix. Now, I regret not bringing the issue up.

Hmm...very strange that you don't use IPreFetchOffset. I will test it again
without using IPreFetchOffset. Perhaps it is just the KMixer sample rate
conversion that causes the problem.