[wdmaudiodev] Unplugged source lines in KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_MUX_SOURCE

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 14:38:07 +0600

Hello!

My PortCls miniport driver contains KSNODETYPE_MUX node with three
source lines connected. Handling KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_MUX_SOURCE request,
driver returns STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER if requested source line is
not connected (KSJACK_DESCRIPTION.IsConnected == false).

Testing driver with HCK 8.1, I get failure in case 100.7.6:

====================================
Start Case: ID 16.200:100.7.6 : KS
properties\KSPROPSETID_Audio\KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_MUX_SOURCE\valid test data:[Wed
Oct 21 14:33:10 2015]
Device Name = Virtual Cable 1
PnP ID = ROOT\MEDIA\0000
Property SET is supported
DeviceIoControl returned 0x57
Error : The parameter is incorrect.

DeviceIoControl Failed when expecting DeviceIoControl to Pass.
ERROR:Failure information:
Context: pin=-1 node=0 device=-1
DeviceIoControl: returned 0x00000057 during property set request
Type: unexpected result
Test failed with error code 87 (0x57)
Property GET is supported
Value received for the property = 1
End Case: ID 16.200:100.7.6 : FAIL : KS
properties\KSPROPSETID_Audio\KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_MUX_SOURCE\valid test data : [Wed
Oct 21 14:33:10 2015]

If the appropriate source line is connected, this test case passes
successfully.

Does this test case work correctly? Should the driver allow to select
an unconnected line as a mux source? If so, how the driver should
handle subsequent capture stream creation?

Regards,
Eugene