[wdmaudiodev] Unexpected calls to IMiniportWavePciStream::MappingAvailable

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:09:05 +1100

According to the WDK documentation, MappingAvailable is ONLY supposed to be
called by the system when a previous call to IPortWavePciStream::GetMapping has
been refused, however on my 32-bit Vista system using a hyperthreading
processor, I'm occasionally seeing a second call to MappingAvailable either
just before or immediately after a SUCCESSFUL call to GetMapping made in
response to the first MappingAvailable call.

Is the documentation wrong, or is this a bug, or am I confused?

Jeff