[wdmaudiodev] USB-audio and USB-midi at same time with standard devices under WinXPproSP1

  • From: "GMX" <Dr_Stefan_Frank@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:28:12 +0200

Hello there,

I made a USB-Audio Interface that works fine.
So I added and HID-device (in and out endpoint) to be able to "update"
the firmware - fine, too.

Now I added the descriptors for a standard midi device - so everything
works fine, BUT the AudioDevice (the 'real' audio device and not the
MIDI-device named "usb audio device") causes an error in the device
manager!

Midi works fine...has anyone an idea what happenend ?

Does Win XP support usb-midi and usb-audio at same time ? Perhaps it is
a windows bug ?
But under Mac OS-X no error occours, but the device is not playing audio
at all :-(

Can anybody send me a complete usb-descriptor of an device that has
standard audio and midi ?!?

Thanx for any help

Daniel