[wdmaudiodev] Re: USBAudio.sys tunneling question

  • From: "Thomas Zepf" <thzepf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:15:20 +0200

Hello Daniel,

> What parameters would suit a generic passthrough of a command for all
> cases? And if this passthrough is developed, will it be abused in that
> developers will only support the passthrough and forsake the class spec?

I think this is a problem with all usb devices not only usb audio related.
What about a generic API for sending Vendor Requests through EP0?

The only other way I know is to add a Hid Interface for accessing
vendor specific data. This is much more complicated on FW level
and sometimes even not possible because of chip limits.
I think the descriptors are already complicated enough for usbaudio
devices.

Here some examples what i need todo in my devices:
 - read / write some user Settings (EEprom)
 - download Firmware updates
 - control (HW) monitor settings
 - lock / unlock switches on the device
 - peak meter read  which is not supportet by the
   AC Class

Regards

Thomas