[wdmaudiodev] Re: USBAudio.sys filter driver?

  • From: BlazeAudio Developer <developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:33:08 -0700

 Alternatively, you can write a Stream class minidriver (or AVStream) driver
- which would essentially replace the functionality provided by
USBAudio.sys.From what I understand that would be much easier than trying to
write a filter driver!
Thanks.
Devendra.

At 01:10 AM 5/27/2003, Olivier Roblin wrote:

It's always possible to write a Port Cls driver for Audio-USB device. We
have already spoken about this a few weeks ago in the mailing list.
Maybe can you find archives?
Anyway, you have to create URB &IRP in the MiniportStream object and send
them down to the driver stack (USBD). Not easy, but possible.

Olivier