[wdmaudiodev] Re: USBAudio under Vista

  • From: Markus Bollinger <bollinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:00:44 +0100

Thank you for your link!
This method is surely related but I have some doubts if I it can solve my problem, because even if I change the setting in the control panel it will not work for me.
I will do some tests with your code.

-Markus.

Stephan Kappertz a écrit :
It seems that forcing the new sample rate by writing the rate directly to the registry works pretty well. The method is described in:

"Vista Core API: Changing audio device sample rate via PKEY_AudioEngine_DeviceFormat does not work"

- Stephan

Markus Bollinger wrote:
Hello!
we have a USBAudio device that works fine under Windows XP (HCT tested).

With the device we ship a configuration tool that permits the user to select the supported sample rates and formats of the device (-> configuration of the embedded firmware). After a reset, the device it supports only the new configuration, but under Windows VISTA the old and new sample rates and bit depth are shown in the "Volume Control Properties Advanced tab". Each of the shown formats (the old and new ones) when selected as default format fails then with the Test button.

Neither unplug and replug the device nor a reboot solves this problem.
The only way I found is to manually uninstall and reinstall the device in the DeviceManager. After this action the device works correctly with the new formats.

Are there easier ways to solve this, or do we have to integrate the re-install-process in our application ?

--Markus.