[wdmaudiodev] USBAudio under Vista

  • From: Markus Bollinger <bollinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:52:22 +0100

Hello!
we have a USBAudio device that works fine under Windows XP (HCT tested).

With the device we ship a configuration tool that permits the user to select the supported sample rates and formats of the device (-> configuration of the embedded firmware). After a reset, the device it supports only the new configuration, but under Windows VISTA the old and new sample rates and bit depth are shown in the "Volume Control Properties Advanced tab". Each of the shown formats (the old and new ones) when selected as default format fails then with the Test button.

Neither unplug and replug the device nor a reboot solves this problem.
The only way I found is to manually uninstall and reinstall the device in the DeviceManager. After this action the device works correctly with the new formats.

Are there easier ways to solve this, or do we have to integrate the re-install-process in our application ?

--Markus.